Sunday, November 2, 2014

Gone to the Dogs

In third grade I had pretty much figured out my entire life.
I knew exactly what I was going to do and how I was going to make it happen.
I was a planner.
A long-term planner, but definitely a planner.
I knew that I was going to work with dogs. 
That was a given.
Remember my first words were "GiGi"-my grandma's dog.
It was inevitable that my life was going to the dogs...
Literally...pun intended.
My life's work was going to be surrounded by dogs and making the world a better place.
Either I was going to groom dogs, I had plenty of stuffed animal practice...
Or train police dogs...they were cool and tough...
Or I was going to need a seeing eye dog...
I must have had trouble with my eyesight even then,
but I was a good actress so I put on a competent show...for a couple years anyway.
Of course, being a teacher was always in my mind.
I was bossy, controlling, and liked to learn. 
Yeah...you know why my life took me there, not much has changed.

But in 3rd grade I wrote a report on training police dogs.
They were cool.
Come to think about it, I must have had some kid picking on me 
because I remember really liking the idea of telling a dog to "Go get 'em"
Hmmm...third grade Lori was a thinker. 
I had to give a speech too,
so whoever was bugging me would know that I could train dogs to catch bad guys.
(duh, I read the book!) 
Boom! problem solved.
But during my research I learned that Little Lori
was probably not a good match for jumping and lunging dogs during their training process.
Luckily for me there are so many others ways to work with dogs
and I've been fortunate to find other ways to work with dogs.

As a little tribute to our furry best friends,
here are some of my favorite things around the web this week about
our side-kicks.

These 10 Must-Watch Animated Dog Shorts Will Make You Want To Go Hug A Pup

Here is just one of them...Makes my heart heavy and then happy.
“Omelette” by Madeline Sharafian

21 Facts About Dogs That Will Blow Your Mind
Frito Paws!  :0)

If Dogs Could Apologize- BuzzFeed

Doggie Tops
Sometimes you just need to show how much you love your dog by wearing a cute t-shirt.  Plus, 10% of the profits are donated to rescues.
I'm pretty fond of the border collie t-shirt in red.


Piglets- Will It Herd? | Petcentric

Murphy LOVED this video!  I think that he was wishing that he could herd a group of piglets too.  :)

And last but not least...
SHAKE PUPPIES by Carli Davidson

Who can resist a whole gaggle of adorable puppies, including our sweet Duncan Lou from Panda Paws shaking water off of their cute selves?  No one that I know!  Click on the link in the title to watch the adorableness in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment