Friday, July 20, 2012

Joanne Chang's Lemon-Raspberry Cake

There are so many things that my parents have taught me over the years.  They're two talented people, and growing up with them, I learned that you can do anything if you try.  Of course, you may have to do it again and again to do it correctly! Especially if it falls down or doesn't fit or....whatever else happens and usually does in our world.   :0)


Thanks to my dad, I can drill, sand, grout, paint, fix, and well, pretty much most things...except use a chain-saw or ax.  You really don't want to read that story! Yikes!  My toes DO NOT want me anywhere near those!  There have been too many close calls.
I don't know why I'm acting like a pirate that drills ;0P
Thanks to my mom,
Isn't she the cutest?!  She's going to die when she sees it! Ha!

I learned how to bake at an early age and I'm not afraid to try anything! That "try anything" attitude was put to the test with a Lemon- Raspberry Cake from Joanne Changs' Amazing Cookbook, Flour.
cookbook
http://www.flourbakery.com/index.php?pageID=1
Joanne's Description-
lemon-raspberry cake
(nf)
lemon pound cake brushed with lemon syrup, filled with lemon curd, crushed raspberries, buttercream
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was the most complicated cake recipe that I've ever tried...
four pages of instructions for lemon curd, buttercream, and the cake.

But I think that the end result was tasty...
Tada!
Happy Birthday to Kristi!

The leftovers...it was supposed to go to my mom, but well, she was too busy to stop by...after 5 days of staring at it in the fridge, I ate it.  And it was delicious!  I think when I make this again, and I'm definitely making this again.  I will make a lighter cake.  The pound cake was good, but it was a bit heavy for a summer dessert.  I think that even a simple angel food cake would work.  The lemon curd was Divine, and the buttercream, heavenly. 

If you're looking for a fantastic cookbook that will challenge the practiced baker, this would be a great gift! Yes, I didn't write, "practiced baker."  The recipes range from simple to complex, but the many of them would be overwhelming to someone that doesn't bake often.

Savor every moment,
~Lori


No comments:

Post a Comment