Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Huge Dog and Cool Tile

I think that really cool, sweet dogs should be in every business.
Ok...not restaurants or markets...
...basically any business that makes or sells food, shouldn't have dogs.
But other than that, every business should have a dog.
...a really awesome dog.

That's exactly what a customer gets when they go to Pratt & Larson Tile. 
Plus, they get AMAZING unique tile.

When I purchased my home, it needed a TON of work.  I was young, and excited about owning a home, but I also had a starting teachers' salary, so I was working on a budget.  A very small, limited budget. 

Fortunately, I had a very talented, handy dad and a mom that could find me a good deal.  Together with them, I had my own rockin' DREAM TEAM.  The dream...a cute cottage house for me to live in.  Yeah...I dream small...but I dream cute. :0)


One of the best deals that I found during the remodel, (besides my free kitchen cabinets- yep...FREE!!!!!!!!) was the FREE pallets of tile from Pratt & Larson.  One day a week, they would set out free tile and if you were there when the doors opened, it was yours!  Guess where my momma was?!  Yep, she was at the door elbowing the contractors and other random people to get her baby girl free tile.  Ok, she didn't elbow anyone, but she did get me loads of free tile.  Some of the tile was white, some was off-white, some was metallic...some people might have left it there, but my mom saw the potential. 



In the end, I think I spent $30...maybe, to tile my kitchen...It's pretty amazing what we could do with limited funds.

I'm not sure if they offer free tile anymore, with budget reductions and everything, but they do offer discounted tile in their outlet store.



Sometimes I just wander around the stacks of tile and dream of what projects I could create.  Actually, I do that every time that I go there.

This summer I spent time there with my mom as she tried to decide on tile for her kitchen.  She didn't have to go the "free" route, but there are so many beautiful tiles to choose from...so she needed help. 

The easy part was choosing the bunny tile.  Every kitchen needs a bunny, duh!
So if you need tile, head over to Pratt & Larson...
...not only do they carry beautiful and unique tile, but they have Amelia.
She's a newfie (Newfoundland)...She's awesome and she loves tummy rubs. 
Go ahead, rub her tummy.  You'll make a new friend for life.
Everyone could use a sweet new friend like Amelia. :0)

Update:  For all of my teacher friends out there, Pratt & Larson will donate tile to your classroom for projects.  Imagine the beautiful holiday projects that you could create with this beautiful tile.  If you haven't seen the tile from Pratt & Larson, it is truly unique...most tile looks nice, but their tile has depth and character that other company's lack.  Plus, it's local!  To me, that's a huge plus...did I mention that they have a dog too?  Tile and tummy rubs = my kind of business that will keep me coming back for years.  Do I choose my businesses according to their love of animals?  Yes, yes I do.  :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment