Monday, September 17, 2012

Walking with Love


Sometimes I feel like I have a lot to write...
                                     ...and sometimes I feel like writing is, well, difficult.
How do you write about something that you hate? 
How do you write about people that you love?
Two polar opposite feelings...but they are powerful feelings.
Yesterday I walked. 
I walked for all of the people who had, have and will have cancer.
I hate cancer.
And I do mean HATE. 
Cancer can die and never come back...ever.
I HATE cancer.
Someday I will ask God what the point of all of this is, until then...
I will walk.
I will love.
I will hug.
I will pray.
I will encourage.
 
I don't have a lot to say today, except that I do LOVE people.
I love them for their courage.
I love them for their hope.
I love them for their dreams.
I love that they too also love.

Yesterday, we hugged...we walked...we talked...we even laughed.
We enjoyed each others company
and relished in that beautiful sunny day.
Sometimes we have to do all of those things and remember that people, above all else, are the most important things in our lives.
Focus on people, not on the things that consume us, and distract us from what's important.


Thank you to all of the people who joined together in Portland to support those dealing with the horrid thing that is cancer.
I still hate cancer, but I love people.
People are amazing.
That's it.
I am amazed by people...
                                                            Especially those that I love dearly,
who battle through challenges with a smile, hope, and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment