Friday, September 14, 2012

Multiple Personality Cookies

Is it a cookie or is it a brownie? 
I think it's a little confused.
I think that I'm a little confused too.
What I do know is that it's a little bit nutty...
This cookie might have multiple personalities, but I love them all.

I like brownies, but I love cookies...I mean LOVVVVVVE COOKIES.
I'd stalk the cookie if I could...but that would be ridiculous...cookies are just cookies.
Cookies make me really happy. 
If a day is crazy, a cookie makes it manageable.
Today was crazy...I need a cookie.

But oddly I want a brownie.
Really I think that I'm just really craving chocolate.
The problem, (not really a TRUE problem)....
The problem, in my world with a brownie, is that it lacks the subtle crunch that I cookie gives.

Okay...now I really need a cookie.  I needed it about 15 minutes ago...

Multiple Personality Cookies
(Brownie-Cookie)

Ingredients:
½ cup butter
6 (1.5 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
2 cups regular semisweet chocolate chips
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
1 ½ cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Topping:
1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped almonds

Directions:
1. Combine butter, unsweetened chocolate, and 2 cups regular chocolate chips in a saucepan and cook over low heat.  Stir constantly until butter and chocolate melt, then let it cool.

2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl, then set it aside for later.

3. In a stand mixer , beat eggs, sugar and vanilla at medium speed until it is light in color and fluffy.

4. Gradually add dry ingredients to egg mixture. Mix it well until all ingredients are combined. Then add the chocolate mixture and mix well again.

5. Scoop dough onto baking sheets 1 inch apart.

6. Add toppings...I like to arrange the toppings in 3 sections to represent 3 different personalities of a brownie-cookie-chocolate fest.

7. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Cool slightly on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
 
This cookie has all of my favorite cookie personalities...
chocolate, chocolate chips, and nuts. 
Plus, it's crunchy and chewy. Delicious.
Make these and share the joy to other people
who are feeling a bit nutty after a crazy day. 
You'll feel better...I promise. 
If one cookie doesn't perk you up,
I suggest eating two...or three. I
 needed three today.  It was a rough one.

No comments:

Post a Comment