Friday, January 18, 2013

If Betty White was my neighbor...

I adore Betty White.
It's true.
I do.
Someday I want to be like her.
She's smart, sassy, loving, and devoted to animal charities.
But most of all,
she says what she wants.
Even if it's a bit crass...it doesn't matter.
Somehow it's ok, 'cause it's Betty.
Everyone just loves her,
just like I do.

In my mind,
she's my cool neighbor down the street.

I bake cookies for her and she lets me know which ones are her favorites.
She makes me tea and allows me to vent about my crazy day.


We watch old re-runs of Golden Girls
while she tells me all of the juicy details
about the lame fights
and explains why that couch had to be so ugly. 


When something is annoying to me in the neighborhood,
I tell Betty and she takes care of it.

It scares the children.
Me.
Because I'm as old as her fictitious grandchildren,
...and her favorite(of course.), she just walks over and it's done.
All Betty has to do is look at them,
smile,
and ask them sweetly
to put the scary yard art away from the street.
They do.
Done.
Taken care of.




When I want to raise money for our favorite dog charities,
we brush our hair,
add jewelry (just a bit more will do)
put some rose colored lipstick,
and head out to canvas the neighborhood.


The bunny ears were her idea! 
Oh Betty...hahaha...okay Betty, I'll wear them too.
Yeah, like you could say no to Betty. 
Please, if Betty tells you to wear the ears, you wear the ears.
Plus, she's right, it's adorable and people love adorable.

All dogs love her,
and Murphy just adores her!
Whenever she's near,
he whines and cries
until she gives him a big smooch on his snout.
He becomes extra needy when Betty is over.
Murphy always thinks that
she's just there to see him,
but I have to remind him
that she my friend too.
Silly, silly dog.


Now, doesn't this sound just perfect?
It sure does to me.

Betty, if you were my neighbor we'd have a good time.
I wouldn't be too much of a bother...really.
Plus, I always have butter, flour, sugar, and eggs on hand...you could totally come over whenever you need some.  Though I know how busy you are...being loved by all...and a major celebrity...so I'll just bake that cake for you.
It could be a belated 91st birthday cake.

So, Happy Birthday Betty!
Thanks for being, well, you.

To celebrate even more...here are a few of my favorite videos and posts.

She's just so charming...

I'm not sure what Ryan Reynolds did to make Betty so mad,
but if she doesn't like him...well...it's definitely concerning. (Language warning...Mom)

This is a fabulous post on Buzz Feed:

No comments:

Post a Comment