Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Mini-Pie Cha-Cha


As I bake, I dance.
Salsa, hip-hop, modern, and even the cha-cha...
The music is blasting and I boogie-down.
It doesn't matter what is playing,
I spin and twirl around as I toss flour and roll out dough.
It's a festive time!


What I think I look like dancing in my kitchen...

Elegant...beautiful...graceful...that's not really me.

This is what I actually look like.
Yep...just put blond hair on that girl and that could be me. 
But, heck, I'm having a great time!

Just like dancing, sometimes my baking turns out well,
and it's a beautiful thing to see,
and other times you wish that you were blind.
Some pies turned out perfect,


...while others were just a disaster.
It's like the quiche gave up and exploded.
 
For Christmas, my mom found a gift that I didn't even know that I needed! 
She always finds just the right thing...she's amazing like that.
 Personal...Pie...Maker...
Genius.
It was love at first sight.
We were meant to be together...
 
With the pie maker and these recipes, I can make anything into a pie...and I've started with a few simple pies.
 
Step 1: Make your favorite pie crust recipe. 
Yes, homemade...you can do it! It's so simple and extra delicious with all of your love.
 
Step 2:  Roll out your dough and cut out using the crust cutter.
Step 3:  Prepare all of your ingredients.  It's important to have everything at easy reach because you need to move quickly after placing the bottom crust.
Step 4:  Place bottom crust, fill the middle with ingredients, and place a top crust if needed. 
I made three different types of pies today; taco, sloppy joe, and ham quiche. 
All were delicious, and gave me many more ideas about what I could throw into a pie. 
Did anyone say, "Mac 'n Cheese"? 
Yeah, you pretty much read my mind.
I'm not normal, but I like me just the way I am.
But if you see me dancing in my kitchen, please be kind,
and don't judge me.
I'm an amazing dancer...in my world.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment