Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Joe's Day o' Fun-Part One


My nephew recently turned 10...
hard to believe, but true.
Instead of the traditional birthday gift
of a gift card,
I wanted to do something different.
Recently, my friends started the
"event" birthday celebrations,
where we plan something fun or
different instead of gifts.
So....I extended that idea to his birthday too.

Which then became (drum roll.............)
Joe's Day o' Fun! (The crowd goes wild!! Wooooooooooo!)
A day totally dedicated to Joe...
...food, fun, and fights.
Yes, I said "fights".
But more on that later.

I'm super lucky, because I have amazing kids in my life.
They're polite, funny, and easy-going...
Plus, they super cool...just like their Auntie. :0)

For Joe's Day o' Fun, we started out with a late night trip to Salt & Straw for ice cream treats.


Joe was brave and tried the Elvis flavor...it had bacon in it, but he said that it was too strange.  Instead he settled on "The Universe", which was really dark and turned our tongues black...and lips too!  The second flavor was the Freckle Woodblock Chocolate....or as we called it Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate. 

 First decision on the day...and Joe chose pancakes with green chocolate chips.  Delish.
Then, this is what I came into the living room to see...it was a Joe and Murphy cuddle. 
I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, but Murphy was is HEAVEN!


Then, a walk around before we headed out to Portland..

 It was really nice to have someone else walk Murphy.
No surprise...Joe wanted a shake at lunch. 
I guess he didn't have enough ice cream the night before.
 And next on the Day o' Fun...
Fights...I mean Hockey. 
But that is for another day and another post...Part 2.
Happy Birthday Joe!
More cuddle time :0)  I just couldn't resist taking more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment