Thursday, January 31, 2013

Red Velvet, and Cheesecake, oh my!

Ah, Valentine's Day...
The day of love...


...which just gives me an excuse to try out new recipes,
(with my fabulous niece, Jorden)

And look for ones that would help me raise
more money for something that I love.
Pups, Dogs, or Fidos...
no matter what you call them, I love 'em!


Plus, I can make people happy through my baking.
People love red velvet, especially for Valentine's Day.
People love cheesecake.
Plus, cookies are my favorite, FAVORITE desserts...
and other people love cookies too.
So, what could be better than Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookie
Not much...
These are fabulous!
Chewy cookie, with a slight crunch and a creamy cheesecake center...so delicious.
I highly recommend it!
If you would like the recipe,
please head over to Two Peas and Their Pod.
To entice you a little bit more,
here is a look at my cookie making adventure...
with a few tips and tricks to help you along the way.
Lovely little globs of cheesecake.  It's really important to keep
putting the plate back into the freezer so that they are easy to handle.
Jorden and I tried a couple different ways to put these together, but here's what we found.  The best method we found was to make discs and sandwich the cheesecake in the middle.

Step One: Make two discs.                                                 Step 2: Place a glob in the middle.

Step 3: Place the second disc on top.                                  Step 4: Pinch the edges closed.
     TADA! This is how it should look going onto the cookie sheet.
 Murphy LOVES his Jorden. 
 He hung out here, basically the entire time.
His persistence worked in the end...
...she loved on him while the cookies were in the oven.
 Even without the white chocolate drizzle, these cookies are beautiful!
Jorden was an expert drizzler!
 PERFECTION!
These cookies are definitely more time-consuming than others to make,
but I think that they are so delicious that they're worth the extra time.
 
This is just one of the cookies that I will be making for my
Valentine's Day Bake Sale benefiting Fences for Fido.

No comments:

Post a Comment