Friday, January 25, 2013

I didn't see this coming...


Happy Birthday Joe...Part Two.
This is the second part of Joe's Day o' Fun and fights...
many, many fights.Not with me or Joe,
but with Hockey.
I didn't see this coming...Hockey.


I had forgotten how fun it was to anticipate
the players wailing on each other!
Now, this is where the first line fits in...
I really liked it.
A lot.
I didn't see that coming.

Especially since I really don't like violence.
I spend everyday trying to keep fights from erupting,
but there I was encouraging...
hoping...egging the guys to hit each other.
Mad at the refs when they pulled them apart!
I shake my head at myself,
a bit ashamed.

But, it was super fun.
And, oh this is bad...super bad...should I say it?
Yeah, we're friends.
I really wanted more fights and a bloody nose poring onto the ice.
(Ashamed.)
I really liked hockey.
See, I really didn't see this coming.
I had been to hockey games before, but I don't remember it being so fabulous.
They really go after each other
AND it's encouraged!
Expected.
Seeming required to have a complete game!





Plus, after they hit each other...the players seem fine with it.
Frustration?
Totally dealt with.
Problem?
Solved...with their fist. Eek!

Now the real lesson here and the only why that I can feel okay about it is this...
Time & Place.
These things are really important.
It's not okay to punch a dude walking down the street
or when they steal your parking spot.
Not okay people.
It's not okay to yank on someones clothes when you want them
to move out of your way so you can get your can of soup.
See, still not okay.
And, it's not okay to take a stick and place it in front of someone else while they're moving swiftly. Then continue to hit them with the stick while kicking them as they slide into a wall.
Tisk-tisk...that's really not okay.

But do you know where it's totally fine?
Encouraged and expected?
You guessed it!
Hockey.
Gloriously fabulous hockey.
Where you feel better by just watching them hit each other violently.
Somehow, the world is a bit calmer.
It's more in place. In check.
Yep...checked, but slamming a player into the wall.
I don't know about you, but I feel better.
I really didn't see this coming...
Hockey was relaxing to me.
Huh.
It sure surprised me.
Who would've thought that?!
Sometimes things do that.
You know what else?!
I want to go again...soon.
And this time there better be a nose bleed!
Come on guys! (Throwing my hands up!)
Yikes...I didn't see that coming...
It must be the cold, dry air on January getting to my brain.
Wait. I need to think if another excuse for February....ice.
I'm blaming it on the ice. It's cold and icy around the rink.
Yep...that's it.
With an excuse on hand, I'm going to plan another hockey adventure.
Who knows, maybe I'll surprise myself again!
Friends, please promise me that if I start thinking
crazy crocked or missing teeth is hot, get me help!
Hmmm...though...thinking about it...it kinda is.
Oh no...Eek!!

No comments:

Post a Comment