Thursday, August 9, 2012

Even Wonder Woman Needs a Sidekick

It's true.
But, be careful what you ask for in that sidekick.
I asked God for a dog who needed me and would keep me busy...
...no surprise, that's exactly what I received! 
Murphy has 2 favorite speeds, super fast and asleep. 

Seriously...if you ever wondered if God is listening to you, just remember, He is!
And when I forget that, which sadly, is often, I just remember this face...
Generally, I don't have to look to hard for this face, because it's always right by me!

A LITTLE BACKGROUND:
Two years ago, when I had to put my dog, Quincy, of 16 years down, I asked God to bring me a dog as loving as Quincy, and a dog who needs me as much as I need him. Needy?! What was I thinking?!! Crazy, that's what I was, crazy-girl!  Well, ask and you shall receive...Murphy is needy...VERY NEEDY, but he a bundle of love to HIS people.  This little fluff ball came with trust issues with humans, but when he loves ya, he LOVES YA!

So, two years later, and 12 humans that he trusts completely
(yes..only 12...slow progress), here we are. 

Murphy has 3 gears, moving fast, waiting to move fast, or too tired to move fast.  So this summer provides him more opportunity for both hobbies.  Having me around during the day is what Murphy waits for all school year.  If I'm home, than he wants to play and he wants me to watch him.  :0)  Just like a little kid, he likes me to watch him run, jump, splash, etc.
He really knows how to party.
I know that you were wondering what the Murph does while I make, bake, sew, or craft...
You were wondering...weren't you?! I knew it!
So here's a little run down of what Murphy does during my projects.
5th Gear = FAST
Blurry...

1st Gear = Waiting to Run/Play
 He has a special bench by the window so that he can watch the neighborhood and keep cats out of his yard.


In Park = Sleeping and almost sleeping (This is his general state while I make things.)
Murphy is a creative sleeper...

Today's lesson: 
Yes, be careful what you wish for...but know that you'll get exactly what you need.
I sure did, and I wouldn't want it any other way!
He might be needy, but I am too...I guess we just needed each other. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment