Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Still trying to be adult and eat my veggies...

I know that I'm an adult. 
I can sit up straight in my chair...all adult like,
but most of the time I slouch. 
I'm slouching right now.
No, I'm not...yes, I really am.
I have definitely learned how to act in public...most of the time.
Though I've been and adult for quite a while now.
But there are certain things that I still need to approach with kid gloves. 
I know that as an adult, I should always eat balanced meals. 

Charlotte and I must have grown up with the same mom.
Love you Momma and your cake!

I do know a few things...
Most of my plate should be veggies and
my protein size should be small...
...like the size of my fist or a deck of cards. 

I know all of this.  I've seen and memorized the charts...

I know that cereal is not a balanced meal.
It should not be dinner.  But sometimes it is. 
I figure that if that cereal is Heart-to-Heart, at least it's okay.  Right?!

It's not like I choose a really sugary cereal for dinner. 
Sugary cereal are for snacking only..
Yikes! That would be bad or REALLY BAD or REALLY GOOD!
Especially if it's Captain Crunch...with Crunch Berries.  It has to have the berries. 
I love the Captain...see that's not very adult of me. 
capn-crunch-cereal-crunch-berries-cereal
Adults aren't suppose to like Captain Crunch. 
For the record, I don't buy Captain Crunch, but I do tell my students that I love the Crunch Berries and somehow, boxes magically appear. Shockingly, my students understand my love...
...but they're 13. 

Adults are suppose to like whole wheat flakes, high in fiber, and low in sugar. 
Okay, maybe they don't like them, but adults are suppose to eat them. 

Reality is that I love this too...it's tasty, healthy, and organic. 
All of the things that the adult in me is proud to say that I love. 
(The little girl likes it too...but she won't admit it.)

So, to continue my education on becoming an adult and eating more veggies, I tapped into my inner child and remembered a yummy, nutritious snacks.


Ants on a log...do you remember these? 
Have you tried it recently? 
If not, you really need to try it again, because surprisingly, it's delicious.
I don't have kids, so the moms out there might be laughing at me,
but I really forgot how much I loved these.
It's just the right amount of sweet and savory bits, all in one bite!
Ants on a Log:
It's so simple!  All you need is celery, peanut butter, and raisins.  That's it!

 Aren't they cute? It's amazing, because if they were real ants I would freak-out!
Jumping up and down, screaming and wanting to light the house on fire kind of freak-out.
 So, let's try a more adult approach...there.
 Now, I'll dunk this...like an adult.
Nah...I like it better like this.
And I'm going to eat it in front of the TV watching cartoons too.
HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment