Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Little House in the Oak Trees

I live in a little house. 
 Some people called it quaint or cute...bungalow...cottage...no matter what it tiny. 
Itty-Bitty.
In fact, it's the smallest house in the neighborhood.
But don't let that fool you...it's overflowing with joy and sparkle!
People in my neighborhood know how much I adore this little house.  I only wish that I could have seen it in the early days.  My neighbors describe it as the perfect little cottage, nestled in HUGE oak trees.  Actually, I've been told that it stayed that way until the mid-90's when someone purchased the house and land.  They divided the land to build more homes, and chopped down the trees. (teardrop) Thank goodness they left my little house standing...though it looks a bit out of place among the larger, newer homes.  I like to shield the side of my eyes and imagine what it was like in the past.
What better inspiration for today's craft, than my little house.
1. First, I cut out pieces for my little grey house and pinned them on the backing piece of fabric. Look at the little nose peeking into the picture!  I guess he felt left out of this project.
2. Second, I stitched. 

3. Next, I added a little love!
Meanwhile, Murphy napped...
4. For this pillow, I added a felt backing before I stitched it together to give it some weight because my yellow fabric is really thin.
5. Add stuffing and stitch the pillow closed.  Tada!
It may be little...tiny, and well just simply adorable, but it's bursting with SPARKLE!
Now I just need to make an oak tree pillow! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment