Sunday, August 26, 2012

Babysitting Grandma

 
Gma with a mustache...it will make sense later...
Life always comes around full circle...

Some of my first memories of my grandma, were staying at her house as a little girl.  We would spend hours playing cards, playing games, watching Young and the Restless, and then, late at night, I would sneak out of bed to watch Dallas.  Shhh...don't tell my mom.  I wasn't suppose to do that!

Now, when needed, I babysit my grandma.  She's 101 years old.  I guess we've officially changed places in life...actually it happened a couple years ago.  Yes, just a couple years ago.  Up until then, she was quite active, you know...for a 99 year old.  But she is still independent, but she definitely likes having someone around if my parents aren't around. 

So...that means me...and a Murphy dog as my sidekick are in charge.

It's always a little strange, though I'm just staying at my childhood home...I just get bored.  Sometimes I bring projects with me, but I just didn't feel like hauling extra things this time.  So...what to do, what to do...

Top 5 Things to do when I'm stuck in the country with nothing to do...

5.  Hang out with Nature:
I wish that there were a few clouds today. 
Then, I could make cloud shapes. 
But it was really clear.  Beautiful blue skies everywhere I looked. 







So....I just stared at the trees and listened to the wind. 
It was really peaceful.


4.  Randomness:
Take random pictures...and add mustaches to them.
 

WOOF-STACHE
 
3. Watch Murphy:
Watch Murphy run...watch Murphy beg...watch Murphy climb trees...watch Murphy...well, you get the idea.












2.  Catalogs:
Read every catalog that you can find and pick out everything that would never fit in my house...ever.  My parents seem to always have a lot of catalogs around their house.  The catalogs that my grandma receives are the best though.
 

 

 I want that clip-on cupholder...


1.  Watch Stupid Reality TV Shows:
I don't have cable, so I'm always amazed at how little there is on TV. But it's a good reminder why I cancelled it in the first place. One thing that I get totally sucked into are the ridiculous reality shows.

Dance Moms: Seriously...what is this? And why can't I stop watching it? It's amazingly dysfunctional, but the little girls are really talented. The moms...whoa... and coach...I don't have words...it's shocking how they can stand to even be in the same state together. Yikes!

 
Toddlers and Tiaras: Ummm....yeah...it's like Halloween everyday for these girls. Again, the parents?! I don't get it...really, I don't. So much money being spent, and some of these families don't seem like they can afford it. Of course, some of the girls look like they're having a great time...others...not so much.

Honey Boo-Boo:  Okay...I feel bad, because it's you're reading this, then you might be sucked into this crazy web.  Have you seen this?  I didn't even know this show existed and I kind of wish that I hadn't seen it.  But it really is...oh man, I don't even know what to say...just watch the clip...if you are brave.
Sorry...I know...I know...I'M SORRY that I showed that to you!
All of these reality shows take place in the South. 
Now I really want to go to on a road trip around the South. 
If this is really the "reality" of these small towns, then I want to see it in person!
Are you ready Claire? 
We could have our own reality show...or not,
because then some random blogger might write about us.  ;0P


No comments:

Post a Comment