Friday, August 3, 2012

Vine Goghing

The Artists~ Kristi, Me, and Lindsay
My mom knew she was in trouble taking me to the store as a kid. Especially if there were art supplies. I would step through the doors, wide-eyed and hoping that my Mom would buy me something new. She always encouraged my creativity and let me dabble in art. Look at what you started Mom!  Thank you! :0)

Mom went to art class, so I wanted to paint too! When you were little, did you beg and beg your mom for the horse "paint by numbers" print? No, what about a unicorn? Dog? Cat? There...now you remember. I generally went for the horse or dog (shocker, huh?) When complete, I felt like a true artist...'cause artists ALWAYS follow numbers and paint ONLY the colors given, right?

Well, kind of...There is a way to reminisce, but in an adult way. 

~Vine Gogh~
Walking up and seeing their sign, I hoped that they could "Uncork" my inner little artist!

 The wine could help! :0)
The walls are pure inspiration to me...Wow! Can I do this?!

We chose our spot and hoped that the instructor can teach us to paint our "Swirly Tree."

Let the fun begin...
 Background...blending the circles of color...


Then, add the star of the painting...Swirly Tree!
Pretty cool huh?
 The class hard at "work" adding swirls and dots to their trees.
My finished tree...I LOVE IT!
I think the little artist in me is jumping up and down clapping her hands at this.  :0)
This class rocks! A little like "paint by numbers" with a grown up flair of wine and a dash of creativity. Plus, no one was so impassioned that they cut their ear off...whew! Of course, there's always next time...I just might go crazy! Nah...it's summer.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment