Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Zombies?! I can't leave, the cookies are baking?!?!

This morning things didn't start off well...

I almost slipped getting into the shower...
I tried to wash my hair with the conditioner...
Then, everything fell out of my shower caddy...
It was chaos.


All of this added up to one thing...the Zombies are coming! 

I have a plan in place for when...yes...I said when...when the Zombie Apocalypse occurs.  Don't look at me like that! What?  Don't you?!  If you live here in the Pacific Northwest, you know that we think about Zombies.  Why?  I don't know.  Maybe it's all of the rain.  Maybe it's cloudy skies.  Or maybe it's just because we like to be different.  Most likely it's the last one...we are different and proud of it!

So back to the zombies. 
It's just a matter of time really, so you better be prepared. 
Like I said...I have a plan.   But it's a secret plan, so I can't go into many details, only those in the inner circle know the plan.  But Todd...you still in?  Good.  I can always count on you. :0)
One of the absolute things that I know is that in a crisis you need to be prepared.  So in preparation for the zombies or really anything else...

I need to bake cookies.

Heck, if I'm going out...I'm going out with a sweet, buttery cookie in each hand and one shoved in my mouth.  And maybe a backpack filled, strapped to my back too.
Yep.  Some things can ONLY be solved with cookies.
And today, well, cookies have to change things around.

People close to me know my love for the cookie.  I love it more than anything else...not people or my Murphy, but I don't even share my first cookie with Murphy.  Yeah, it's that important.

These cookies are quick and easy...so it's the perfect cookie for a zombie attack.

Rich Peanut Butter Cookies with a sweet addition...
From Best of Betty Crocker 2010

Ingredients:
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup softened butter
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (This is the sweet addition...)

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2.  In a large bowl, mix together brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, and egg until it is nice & creamy.

3.  Switch your mixer to low and add in the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour.
4.  Lastly, add in the peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.

5.  Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and roll them in a small dish of sugar.  The cookbook says to just dip the top, but I just roll those little guys around.

6. Place the sugary balls onto your cookie sheet.  Do not flatten! 
    They are perfect just the way they are!

7.  Bake for 9-10 minutes and let cool before you dive in. 

 My hope is that zombies don't like sweet brains...
If the cookies don't work, then I've ordered my permit. 
Hey, even if the zombies are coming, I'm not going to hunt them without a permit! Geesh!

I've got my permit,
            backpack of cookies,
                              and my dog. 
                                             I'm good. 
                                                    Bring it on!
Ok...Cookie Monster Zombie?!
This is going to be a problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment