Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Banana-Rama Bread

Yummy bread, all wrapped up and ready to go...

Making banana bread is one of my favorite things because I can make some for me and give some away.  Isn't that the best way?!  I think so.

Years, and years, and years ago, two friends (now married to each other...ahhh...so sweet) went on an adventure to Vegas.  Actually, we went on a lot of adventures together...but Vegas, well, it's Vegas!  But Vegas is a little different when you're just out of college and counting your pennies.  Literally...counting pennies.  So what games would we play?  The penny slots of course!


One of my favorite games was Banana-Rama. 
It had monkeys.
It had coconuts.
...that's it. 
It had monkeys and coconuts. 
The monkeys were cute.
And I think monkeys are funny.
Plus, the little monkey would throw the coconuts at the bigger monkey. 
Monkeys + Coconuts = Pure entertainment in my world.

So what is more fitting to go with my favorite slot game?

My favorite banana bread recipe!

Banana-rama Bread
(source ?, I don't remember where it came from...delicious-ville?)

Ingredients:
3 cups sugar
3/4 butter, softened
3 eggs
4 or 5 mashed bananas
1/2 cup sour cream
3 1/2 cups all-purpose lour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon



Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grease and flour six, 4x2 inch loaf pans. I prefer these smaller pans, because it produces more loaves to give away. :0) But if you must, you can use two 8x4 inch pans.
3. In your mixer, cream together the sugar and butter until it is light in color and fluffy. Then add in one egg at a time.  Make sure you beat the mixture well each time that you add an egg.
4. Stir in the bananas and the sour cream.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
6. Stir the flour mixture in with the banana mix and stir well to combine. (You can add nuts or additional berries at this time.  I love to add blueberries to this recipe.  It's a favorite of my family and friends.)

7. Bake for 30-35 minutes in the smaller pans, 55-60 minutes in the larger pans.  Watch and adjust the time as needed until you test the center of the loaf with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
8. Let the bread rest (it's tired-hehe) in the pans for 5-10 minutes before removing them and continue to cool completely on a wire rack.
This recipe is lovely and quite forgiving. 
So you can add many different yummy things to make this bread how you love it. 


bababa...Banana-rama Bread makes me sing.
Go ahead and sing with them! 
Just don't punch the person next to you...that's not very nice. 
Instead, hand them some banana-rama bread...that's the nice thing to do.
:0)

No comments:

Post a Comment