Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cabbage, you scare me...

I don't like cole slaw...and I'm really not a fan of any type of slawy-type thing, so when I received cabbage in my Farmer's Market box, for the 2nd week in a row...I knew that I was going to need to find something to do with it.  sigh.  Cabbage...why?
Some people might think of Little Shop of Horrors when they think of cabbage....
...I do too.  But that wasn't my first thought...

It looks like a head.  A decapitated head.
It's creepy.
 It looks like Uncle Fester from The Addams Family...
 He might be smiling, but he's a creepy smiling cabbage head.
 Like I said...creepy.

 So, this is an attempt at making something with my creepy cabbage heads...I mean heads of cabbage.
Tasty Roasted Cabbage
using comments from readers of the blog.
Ingredients:
1 Cabbage, small to medium size
2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Salt + Pepper, to taste
Directions:
1.  Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.

2.  Remove any  dirty or yucky outer leaves of the cabbage. Halve the cabbage then slice each half into quarters.  Leave some of the stem to hold the sections together.  I didn't do this and they fell apart during the roasting process. Oops!

3.  Whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, and lemon juice.
4.  Grease a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
 
5.  Place wedges on the baking sheet, brush with mixture, then season with salt and pepper on both sides. Roast for 40 minutes, flipping the wedges over halfway through so that both sides get nice and crispy.
6.  Serve while hot...especially if they are sceptical like ME.
Surprisingly delicious.  It's true...I'm not as scared when it looks like this.
Uncle Fester isn't as creepy like this either.
Empty plate = Tasty

No comments:

Post a Comment