Monday, August 13, 2012

Love is everywhere...

...just look around you.
Don't look around so quick!  You might miss something!

Simple things make me feel love.
A note from a friend,
the sun shining through the window,
the light music from my wind chime,
or a sweet face looking up at me.
 Now, I'm not someone who looks in her toast for Jesus,
http://cooltoast.com/
or on her frying pan,
http://cooltoast.com/
or even on a grilled cheese...
http://cooltoast.com/


But, I do look for signs of joy and love. 
And this morning I almost missed one.


Watermelon is just one of the many, many things about summer that I love.  Yes, you can get watermelon all year, but it's best grown here in Oregon.  People may think, "What?! Oregon...Isn't it always raining?!"  It rains, but our summers are perfect to me. Somehow the sunny days and cool nights, grow these beautiful, sweet, and yes, watery fruits.

So when you slice into a watermelon and find a beautiful heart, it's time to sit back and reflect.
 Look closely...here's another look.
Now, that's a little love, right there. 
Nature gives us what we need...so do the people that come into our lives. 
Don't question why it's there or what made them arrive. 
Just be grateful.

Have a bowl of watermelon.
Be still and relax.
Enjoy the love.  I sure do.

2 comments:

  1. I like this one. I've never found a heart inside of a watermelon, but now I'll look every time. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you look! I found quite a few in this watermelon. It was really cute to see. Happy love-hunting.

      Delete