Sunday, January 27, 2013

Un-Chaining Aurora

I did it.
Yesterday was my first fence build with Fences For Fido.
 
I was so nervous, but anxiously nervous.
It's the kind of nervous where it's difficult to sleep
and you wake up frequently.
It reminded me of Christmas Eve Night as a kid...
I guess this is an adult Christmas. 
My kind of Christmas...
watching a precious, sweet dog run free in her new yard.

A Christmas where the family is so appreciative and they have horses and ponies.

Horses and ponies people...ponies!
How could this not be a Lori-type-of-Christmas?
Sweet, cute dog, loving family, horses, ponies,
and an amazing group of people....BOOM!
Lori is overjoyed!
And I know that I was not alone in my joy...
Since, I think the pictures speak loudly on their own, here we go...

Aurora and I were fast friends...I'm a pretty experienced tummy rubber...that helped.
Aurora, the bouncy love-bug.
 "Smile Aurora! Smile!"
Aurora loves her play structure and hangs out there while her fence is built.


 Pounding the stakes into the ground was really fun...
and you could get out all of your aggression.
Stretch...stretching the wire fencing...


Guess who was able to put up the official sign?
Me! Me! Me!
Actually, me jumping up and down with my hand up made it possible.
Who could resist that type of enthusiasm? :0) hehe










Aurora is released into her newly fenced space...can't you see the smile on that sweet face?!


It's a happy happy day for sweet Aurora and her family.
And for me, well...
It was an honor to meet you Aurora and have a tiny hand
in the process of building your fence of freedom.
Hugs from me to all of my furry friends
and my new friends with Fences For Fido.
I didn't think that I could love this organization more
...but yesterday, well, my admiration grew tenfold.
You'll see why in my next post...
They're more than AMAZING.
 
Here are a couple more pictures from Andrea Armstrong and FFF on Facebook.
~The Muddy Butt Club~ 

~The Whole Soggy Gang~

The sign honor is mine.


2 comments:

  1. Lori, thank you for such a heartfelt and genuine glimpse into what it is like to be a volunteer at a Fences For Fido build. I often say to folks that, in addition to freeing a dog from a chain, it is the other volunteers who make helping FFF so rewarding. I believe you experienced that at this build; you definitely were alongside many of our finest. And you know what? That happens at all our builds if you ask me; we have so so many terrifically wonderful volunteers! I love FFF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, I've been telling everyone that I talk to about how amazing the people are with FFF. Over the years I've volunteered in many different areas, with many different organizations, but Fences...well, this is a whole new level of fabulousness. EVERY person that I have met, feels like someone that I could have known my entire life. It's simply amazing group of hearts and hands. :0)

      Delete