Monday, September 24, 2012

Painting My Pet


As soon as I saw pictures of the previous class, I knew that I had to sign up for the next one.
I had to paint a Murphy picture.
It was difficult to choose one picture, so I sent the teacher three...
I made her choose, and I think she made a good choice.

This is a silly photo, but definitely represents all of his unique personality and physical traits.
-goofy grin
-ex-large tongue
-sparkling eyes
and...
-HUGE fangs.



I was nervous...How do I capture all of those traits in a painting?
Thank goodness I had someone to help me, thanks Jenny, and my mom to encourage me.
Vine Gogh makes this process easier to handle.
Border Collies group together...the couple next to me had a pair of them.  It seemed appropriate to paint next to each other too.


Look who's on the other side...sweet Roy.
 
 My mom is intently working on Roy's background...solid raspberry for Roy
...Goofy circles for Murphy.
 He is starting to look less like a cartoon...

 

...and more like my sweet dog. Now I just need to add a few highlights to his fur, and with the help of our teacher Jenny, my painting looked like my Murphy.  He didn't even know what to think of it!  I think that he was looking for the dogs' tush, so that he could see if it was a real dog.
 I think it turned out pretty well...if I do say so myself.


If you're looking for a fun class and a way to capture the personality of your furry best friend, I would highly recommend this class. :0)

Vine Gogh
Vine Gogh Artist Bar & Studio
7956 SE 13th Ave Portland OR, 97202 -
PH: (971)266-8983
Email: vinegoghpdx@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment