Sunday, September 2, 2012

It's September...again.


I always have mix feelings about September.
It's the signal that my summer is official over...
     ...new school year.
         ...new students.
             ...new classes.
                ...new challenges.
                    ...and football.


I try not to like football, but I do. 
I like it a lot. 
Now, I'm not huge fan of professional sports. 
There always seems to be a lot of hoopla over celebrity sports athletes who make way too much money.  Yes, they're talented, but all of the attention seems to change people.  I know this, because I'm surrounded by celebrity....no...not even close...

I do like football...but I love college football. 
To me, it's the best of both worlds...yes, the athletes are talented, but they're still kids trying to make their dreams happen.  I like that.  I like watching people strive for their dreams, and cheering for them...LOUDLY. 

Some may even say that I'm a strong cheerleader...but most would agree that I'm a loud and enthusiastic cheerleader.
So, how did I spend the first day of September? 
I spent it cheering loudly and enthusiastically at the opening game for the University of Oregon. 
Go Ducks!

In Oregon you're either a Duck (U of O) fan or a Beaver fan (Oregon State)...not many are both.  I'm not that normal though...but I am more of a Duck fan than a Beaver fan. 
There are specific reasons for this.
One, I receive tickets to Duck games. 
          Two, the U of O team is fantastically talented. 
                    Three, the Duck fans are loud and I'm loud. 
                                Four, I like the colors.
                                         Five, Donald Duck is their mascot. Seriously, that's cool.
 
My nephew is a Duck fan in a family of Beaver fans...so he joined me and my parents as we went to the first game. He's cool like that and sticks to his beliefs. 


 
Joe is also too cool for just one pair of sunglasses.
 
I think that most people, kids, parents, and teachers have a difficult time adjusting to September.  So many "new" things, but at least we can always count on football to help us muddle through.
 
So bring on the "new" and I'll keep cheering loudly for the Ducks and kids striving to achieve their dreams.
Whoop! Whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment