Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Recipe for Friendship














Time is a funny thing.
I know that I'm mid-thirties now, but there are certain people that make me feel 20 again.
Looking across the table at them, I feel like it could be 1995, '96, '97, or any year around then.

The difference is, that it's not...
...but it feels that way.
Of course, we used to talk about silly things...boys, classes, funny things about neighbors...
oh wait, we still talk about silly things...
Now it's silly things that their kids do, or say...things that my students do, or say...and boys...
Time has changed, but I still feel the same. 
Especially about my dear friends.
Nothing provides comfort like them.
I love that they know my past and my present.
If only they could see the future too.
But somehow, I kind of think that they can see my future.
They know that everything is going to be fabulous.
They encourage...listen...care...and love.
Mostly, they make my sparkle brighter.
Last week I felt my sparkle dull.
I really fought hard against the muck, but somehow, I felt it cling to my shine.
After dinner with my two roomies, I felt sparklier than I had all week.
Everyone should be so lucky to have friends like that.
I know how lucky I am.
So here is my recipe for friendship if you feel your sparkle beginning to dull...
...set up a dinner date with a couple a dear friends.
Soon, your sparkle will be back and brighter than ever.

Oh, and a really good restaurant with delicious food and wine doesn't hurt either.
I suggest a local spot, known for those things and a laid-back atmosphere that encourages guests to chat the evening hours away.

And that's just what we did...



Recipe
503.487.6853
115 N. Washington St.
Newberg, OR 97132
reservations@recipeaneighborhoodkitchen.com
Hours:
Tues - Thurs 11:30am - 9pm
Fri - Sat 11:30am -10pm

 

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I feel the same way about my Linfield girls. They ground me and make my heart overflow! Glad you are sparkling again!

    ReplyDelete