Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mr. Smarty Pants Pillow

Mr. Smarty Pants, aka Murphy, aka Murphinator, aka Turbo Paws

Having a Border Collie is NOT having a dog or a pet.  It is having an activity coordinator living in your home telling you what to do and when to do it.  And either you can handle it or you shouldn't adopt one.
My activity coordinator,
my best furry friend,
the healer of my heart,
and the reviver of my sparkle.


Murphy came into my life exactly when I needed him.  I desperately needed a bundle of love and someone to focus my energy into something positive. 

When I felt low, he would look at me with that face
and encourage me to play. 
Ahh...the healing powers of the dog park....in the rain, wind, snow, and sun.
So...what better pillow inspiration, than the face staring at me everyday.
First, I cut and placed pieces of different fabric...pinned into place.
Next, I began stitching...
and stitching...
and stitching.
Next, I cut 2 inch strips of this adorable red polka dot fabric
and attached them as a border to my Border Collie face.
Then, cut larger strips and created another border.

Then, I added the back piece of the pillow and stitched it all together.
Isn't this cute?!  I know that I'm bias. :0)

Finally, I added stuffing...
I think this is my fav. pillow now...of course, that's not surprising, because he's my fav. too!

No comments:

Post a Comment