Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Goofy Pillows- June Projects


Today's post is a look into the past...
My niece Leanna joined me on my adventures today.  Since our paint is still drying, I thought that I would share the pillows that I created in June.

The goal of trying new things began at the beginning of the summer, but the blog started this week.  Therefore, here are a few of my pillow projects that I have completed. They were initially inspired by a beautiful gift of vintage fabric that I received from a lovely, retired colleague.  Her mom had passed away, leaving a basement full of craft supplies. (I have a feeling that I will leave the same heritage to my family. Good Luck Leanna, Jorden, and Joe!)  She remembered a conversation about how I wanted to sew, and gave me a few boxes of fabric!  Thrilled, I wanted to pay tribute to the wonderful gift and create new things out of fabric that her mother had gathered and loved.  I hope that I will make her proud of how I use it!

I saw this super cute bird and I just had to try to make one myself!
Vintage Birdie Canvas Wall Art - Wall Sticker Outlet
Vintage Birdie Canvas  http://www.wallstickeroutlet.com/wall-decor-detail.php?RecordID=108360

Of course, looking at the sweet little bird, I needed a bit of help.  So I found this great site,
Sarah's Hand Embroidery Tutorials.  http://www.embroidery.rocksea.org/
 Her site has great step-by-step,
easy to follow instructions for a beginner like me! :0)

My birds didn't quite turn out as cute and the picture. 
In fact, they are a little goofy looking, but I love them anyway. :0)
Goofy Bird #1- George
Goofy Bird #2- Franklin
Yes, I name anything that has an animal on it. 
Somehow I've never grown out of that childhood habit...
and I don't think that I ever will!


Other pillows for my kitchen bench...
The "Yum" fabric looked more red in the scrap box, but now it looks pink! I like how it turned out, but it might need to find new home.  A home that has a bit more pink, then red. Any Takers? ;0)


1 comment:

  1. I wish I had more pink in my house! I love it. I had some friends over from work and they were like, "Wow, you certainly like to decorate with words and letters...." Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but your pillow is right up my alley!!

    ReplyDelete