Monday, July 9, 2012

A Little Bird and Big Hearts

A Little Bird and Big Heart

Yesterday, I had a lovely crafter at my house, my niece Jorden, and she was ready to create magic.  She had an inspiration idea that was found on pinterest, and we went from there.

This was her inspiration picture...

http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2012-04-27T10:30:00-05:00&max-results=8&start=3&by-date=false

Of course, I like to reuse things or use things that I've collected, so we scavenged for a few things.  Thank you Home Depot for your ample supply of paint chips! hehe :0)


Jorden cut out hearts using a template and then we began gluing them done using a mixture of glue and water. (Homemade "Mod Podge")

Hmmm...The paint started to curl, so we had to spend time pushing it down onto the canvas.

Good thing we were persistent!

 While we waited for the glue to dry, Jorden had spied my bird pillows on my kitchen bench and wanted to make one.

Hello Bird...
I made this the other day.  A group of birds have made a home in my chimney this summer and their loud chirping put birds on my brain!




Jorden work all evening...stitch by stitch...and in the end, she had such an adorable pillow!
I think that she even surprised herself! :0)


Murphy wasn't much help, but he sure loves having "his people" around!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Jorden! You go! Looks like someone takes after her auntie! Super cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I could never pull off that pillow, but we may try the paint chip idea! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think that you could make the pillow! It just takes patience. :0) The paint chips turned out well, but I definitely have a couple hints. Push the paper down while it dries...every 5-10 minutes, until dry. Then, at the end I put 2 or 3 layers of Paper Glaze over the top. It gives it a nice shiny coat. :0)

      Delete