Friday, July 27, 2012

Pom Pom Wreath

It seems like I was just putting up my 4th of July wreath, and that was the end of June.
Poof! Where did July go?

It was time for a change, so I looked around Pinterest, trying to find something to create using materials that I have around the house.  I have a ton of fabric, but I also have a TON of yarn, giving to me by a fabulous colleague at work.  So...what to do? Make Pom Poms, of course!

Oh Crafts: Pom pom flowers ideas
Pom pom flowers
http://ohcrafts.net/decoration-pom-pom-flowers.php
This site has so many fantastic and easy ideas...take a look when you get a chance, and go ahead and pin something too! :0) I like the flowers, and I'm probably going to make these somewhere else in my house, but that is not going to work for my door.  So I just adapted the idea.

Pom Pom Wreath
Supplies:
  • wreath- I picked one up at the dollar store!
  • yarn
  • scissors
  • ribbon
That's it...easy list of supplies, huh?!
Directions:
1. Choose yarn.  Now I had a mess of yarn to choose from...
There...that's better...

2. Begin wrapping the yarn around your fingers.  For a large pom pom, use 3 or 4 fingers, and wrap around many times.  The more wraps, the thicker the pom.


3. Slip it off of your hand and place it in the middle of a piece of yarn the same color. You will use this yarn to tie it on the wreath, so make sure it's long enough!
 4. Tie the single piece of yarn around the middle, in a tight knot.
5.Carefully cut the loops and the trim the ends to make an even pom.

6. Tie in on your wreath!
7. Now repeat...30 times! :0)
Lastly, hang it on your door and add some ribbon.
Poof! You're done!
Enjoy! :0)

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!!!! I'm doing one next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you need yarn...I have a couple crates full! ;0)

    ReplyDelete