Friday, July 13, 2012

Rag Wreath Love

~The blog today is a look back at a craft that I created at the beginning of July. :0)

Looking for wreath ideas on Pinterest,
was like looking for moles in the park...they were everywhere!
Butt in the air = Murphy was in doggy heaven!

While I search for ideas, I always keep in mind the supplies that I already have on hand.  Why purchase, when I can make beauty (hopefully) out of scraps?  Plus, I have a basement full of things that I've gathered at garage sales, scrap bins, and gifts from other crafters.  Thank goodness for my basement! :0)

I loved the idea of using fabric. Not only do I have a ton, but I enjoy working with it.  So, thankfully I found a fantastic blog, Shay B~ a look through my lens with an excellent tutorial for making a rag wreath.

ShayB~Ruffly Door Wreath
Shay B Ruffly Door Wreath~  http://shealynnbenner.com/2012/05/tutorial-9-ruffly-door-wreath/
Isn't it pretty?!

I wanted to create something with a little more variety of color...something that said, "Hello July!" Nothing would do but red, white, and blue to start July and bring in the sunshine.


Following the tutorial, I cut strips and began to tie each piece.

It was a slow process, but the end result was beautiful!

When done, hang it on the door and add a bow...

Tada!
I just love it! In fact, it's staying up for the rest of July
and makes me smile when I walk through the door. :0)

I enjoyed making them so much that I just had to make more...
Welcome back to PDX Kristi!

For Sparker~my fantastic taste tester. 
It's a tough job, but I'm glad that you and Scott can handle it! Ha!

If you're looking for a fun and beautiful craft, try this!  All the skill you need is the cut strips and tie knots...piece of cake!

Now back to the difficult task of hunting moles!

Happy Crafting,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment