Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cracked Pots Inspiration

Inspiration can be found everywhere around us.
But if you need a bit of concentrated inspiration, head on over to
for the annual Cracked Pots!
All of the art here, is created from reusing materials, which is what I love to do. 
So this is an inspiration overload.
One of the best things about this show, besides all of the art,
 is spending time with my dear friend, Kristi, and her amazing kids!


They rock...literally!
Plus, they are really at finding, super cute things to buy.


It's difficult to not want to purchase everything that they love, but somehow, we hold on strong.  Especially since we see so many things that we would love to try and make ourselves.  Hopefully, here are just a few of my future projects...well, at least these are the ideas...
 I love these giant pears!

 Bird feeders :0)                      

 I love all of these metal structures and would enjoy making these.  They are just whimsical and fun...if only I knew how to weld.
This would look awesome in my yard.
 What do you think dad?  We could make these, right?!
Don't you love this?!  She's fabulous!
I think Maribel found a project that she would like to make.

Levi just found a dragon and had to make a fierce dragon face.  Grrr!
Then he was ready to make beautiful music...These are so cool and made from old propane tanks!
Maribel and I spied the "Clean Pile" and the treasures that were pulled from the dump. 
It's shocking to see what people just throw away! 
We were ready to find OUR treasures!

So proud of these kiddos!  They dove in and found exactly what they wanted.
I can't wait to see what Maribel paints on that number 6! :0)
See that bird on the left? 
I'm totally making something with that little bird on it...love it!

SO what did I walk away with?
Cool huh?! I love it!
My yard has many treasures from past hunts through the Cracked Pot gardens...
Now don't you want to go?
You better hurry, because it ends tomorrow!
Happy Treasure Hunting! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment