Tuesday, September 16, 2014

We Strut Proudly



We are proud to strut.
We strut for all the dogs waiting to find their human.
We strut for the humans who need a furry best friend.
We strut to support Fences For Fido and the amazing work they do.
Actually, we are proud to strut for any animal agency...
because we all work together to bring awareness, education,
and life-changing projects to people around the Pacific Northwest.
And we are proud to be a part of it.


This is one of our favorite events.
It's small enough that it's not overwhelming to Murphy.
He loves to go to dog events.
There are always cool dogs to meet and humans he can trust.
As you know, Murphy is scared of people,
but when he is around people with their dogs he does so well.
He snuggles into humans all around me
and my heart does little flips of joy.
 Little loves from Jeff and Patti...
There's a different feeling at a small event,
like a family get-together.
There are lots of smiles, hugs, and happy sounds.
All of those things make Murphy feel more at ease.
And when Murphy is at ease, so am I.
I was so proud of him for meeting so many people,
and being so polite to everyone that we actually 
skipped out of the walk and went to the river bank.
 I know, I know...
but you see, I like to end every event with Murphy on a good note.
He had done so well, that I didn't want to push my luck for any longer.
So we beached it.
And we loved it.
Nothing makes a Murphy happier than splashing in a HUGE splashy pool. 
Doesn't this make you smile?
If so, maybe you could go over and make a little donation to 
It will go to save more lives like this guy and his cooky best girl friend, IO.
Both were saved due to people giving a little money to help animals.
It's a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment