Wednesday, October 1, 2014

What's for Lunch? Sandwiches Ideas

Tonight Murphy and I had doggy class,
and I have to say that I'm so proud of my sweet boy.
He's making nice progress with his behavior with humans,
though we both know that it's going to be a long road
to help him understand that humans are friends, not scary things.  :)

It's nights like this that I grab something for dinner on our way home,
and don't have time to whip something fabulous up in the kitchen.
Normally, I have my dinner leftovers for lunch the next day...
but that can't always happen.
There are also times that I don't feel like making just a PB and J for lunch.
Though I have to admit that I will be making a PB and J tomorrow,
but with my homemade jam, I feel that it's up a notch from the norm.
For those times that I need something more than a simple PB and J.

Here are a few simple but unique sandwich ideas.

Sunny Spicy Wrap- Lunch Box Bunch
I love spring rolls, but working with the rice paper is a little daunting for me.  This is a great way to make a sandwich like a spring roll, but without the stress of ripping the paper.  I definitely like this one.
Italian Simplicity- exPress
I'm not sure why this isn't just called caprese heaven, because it is a caprese salad wrapped in a warm roll. Yumma!
Asian Chicken Wraps- Cupcake Diaries
Asian Chicken Salads are my favorite, favorite salad, so when I saw this recipe I knew that it was a keeper.
Winter Turkey Wrap- PopSugar Food
At first I thought that this sandwich was a Thanksgiving type, but looking more closely I notice that it is even better!
Monte Cristo Sandwich-Life in the Lofthouse
This sandwich takes me back to my childhood and eating lunch with my mom.  Happy memories of sunny days eating ham, turkey, cheese, and raspberry jam all wrapped up in buttery bread...now that is a bunch of joy on a plate in my world.
Vegetarian Middle Eastern Pita Sandwich- The Lemon Bowl
Mmmmm, hummus! Need I say more?
So, what are you going to try first?!

No comments:

Post a Comment