Friday, May 30, 2014

Along Came Daisy

 Life changes quickly some times.
When a Chambers' makes a decision, 
we run with it.
 Life changed drastically for two individuals last weekend...
one has two legs, and the other has four.
Yes, there are more impacted,
but for these two...
their lives will never be the same.
And that is a really good thing. :)

Sunday, May 25th...lazy day.
Me, looking around Facebook with no plans in sight.
Then I saw this...
And I read this...

Herd U Needed A Home
"Pick a Daisy!!!!!!!
What an absolute doll this girl is! Bob flew in Daisy yesterday from a California shelter yester. She was surrendered due to their son developing allergies. I am in love with this dog! Really I do not think we have had a sweeter female in our rescue! Chipped, spayed, utd on all vaccines. Crate trained, wags tail constantly, really quiet. Daisy gets a long with all dogs, cats and LOVES, LOVES little kids! She does not jump on anyone, but will politely lean into you for a snuggling pet. Excellent on the leash, riding in the car and VERY mellow! Approximately 50 lbs. 3 yrs old. Long hair. Half bc/half lab."


My heart tugged and I knew.
You see,
I get feelings about dogs...
I know when they are meant to be
a part of my family.
I don't know how or why,
but I just know.
And my heart tugs for animals have never been wrong.

So....I knew exactly what I needed to do.
Click, click, click.
Text sent to my mom.

She had been talking about getting a dog.
This was a HUGE step for her,
because when your heart loves a dog, 
it's not easy to let your heart love another.
But we're meant to do just that...love,
and loving animals is what we do really well.
My mom felt the same tug...daisy needed to be with our family.
Applications were filled out, and plans were made.
What was meant to be a lazy Memorial Day, 
turned into a trek to Bend, Oregon and back.
8 hours in a car, to meet her and see if she was a match.
It was a long day, 
but worth every minute.

She was one of us now.

It took a little adjusting...
good things always do.
But Daisy has settled in nicely.
Murphy and her play like they've known each other all their lives...

and my heart is happy.

I'm happy that my mom has a Daisy shadow.
I'm happy that Daisy has a home 
and will never have to wonder where that home is.
Once you are a part of us,
you are with us forever.
That's just how we like it.

So get comfy Daisy...
your adventure is just beginning
and it's going to be a fun one!
If you're looking for a new family member, 
please check out the shelter that brought Daisy into our view.
Border Collie and Mixed Canine Rescue

No comments:

Post a Comment