Thursday, May 1, 2014

Cinnamon Chip-Banana Swirly Bread

Having a cold and being stuck at home is terribly boring.
Now that I'm starting to feel better and am awake for more than 5 hours a day,
I've been spending time thinking about baking.
Okay...I've been thinking, reading, and dreaming about baking.
I miss it when I don't feel well.
Is that weird?
Maybe for others, but it seems totally normal for me.

While scrolling through Pinterest,
I found a recipe for banana cinnamon bread...
AND I remembered that I had a bag of Hershey's Cinnamon Chips.
It seemed like a match made in cinnamon Heaven.









Cinnamon Chip-Banana Swirly Bread
Recipe and directions 
slightly adapted from Lovin' From The Oven

Ingredients
    For the bread:
  • 2-3 over-ripe bananas, smashed up
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cups flour 
  • 1/2 cup cinnamon chips
  • For the swirl:
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 Tbs cinnamon
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
  2. Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla together. sprinkle baking soda and salt around on top of the banana mixture. Then gently stir in flour and add in the cinnamon chips. Remember not to over-mix.
3. In a small dish, mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 Tbs cinnamon.
4. Add 1/2 of the batter to the loaf pan and then sprinkle half, or a little more than half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture all over the batter in the pan. Add the rest of the batter, and then sprinkle the leftover cinnamon-sugar on top.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes, but start checking the oven at 50 minutes since ovens vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment