Sunday, May 18, 2014

Animals are the Best Medicine




A couple weeks ago, I had two puppies in my arms. 
TWO!
Picture this...me, a puppy in each arm,
snuggled around my neck. 
Pure bliss.



Now I'm a pretty giving person,
but when it comes to puppies,
I'm really selfish. 
REALLY SELFISH!
Nothing comes between me and a puppy...
No, really.
Don't try it!
Really.
You might lose an arm.

I need all the help that I can get to make it through the end of the school year. 
Things get a little crazy in a middle school in the Spring. 
Okay, things aren't just a "little" crazy...it can be a zoo at times.  A crazy zoo! 
Think, apes in a cages...hormonal apes! 
Now, if that image doesn't scare you, well, you're much stronger than I am.
But there are always some things that are consistent, even during insane moments.
Middle Schoolers moods can change in an instant, but silly animals can make even the surliest teenager smile.

Since we can't have puppies at work, (darn it!)
I need to find other ways to lift my spirits and lower the coo-coo levels.
Giggling through a cute video with an animal,
even if it's animated,
works every time.

Simon's Cat-
On Fridays, during the last five minutes of the day we watch a video or two...
Here are a couple favorites.
 Double Trouble...I love the kitten!
Cat Man Do- Don't mess with a hungry kitty.
See?!
Now don't you feel better?
Giggling helps the spirits, and doesn't your blood pressure feel lower?
Though videos are fine, I still think that we need a puppy room...or at least a dog in the school! 
Hmmmm...there has to be a grant out there somewhere for therapy dogs in school...
Do you know of one?
No...seriously...
Do you?
I really want one.
And what teenager doesn't need a pup to help them feel better?
I actually think that it would be a service to the entire community.
Happier and healthier teens...
The bonus would be a happy, less stressed out English teacher too.

No comments:

Post a Comment