Friday, June 27, 2014

Celebrate Independence with PIE

Dutch Apple
Berry (whatever is in season)

German Chocolate
Ah, the 4th of July.
A day filled with family, friends, celebrating, BBQ, and in my family, PIE.
Of course in my house it's not just any pie.
It's a beautiful, slightly sweet and slightly tart apple pie,
crafted by my mom.






I was fortunate to grow up in a family that believed in pie as art.
Yes, I said pie as art...lovely, edible art.




Any self-respecting pie artist knows this to be true.
As I roll out the dough, lay it in the plate, prepared and pour the fruit,
there is beauty overflowing.
It's the type of beauty that should be admired and eaten.
Don't you think?
Lemon
Strawberry Rhubarb

Would you like to enjoy some edible art too?
I'll be making pies for the 4th of July to benefit the independence of pups. :)

Lemon ($12.00)
Mom's Apple Pie
Coconut ($15.00)
Chocolate Cream ($15.00)
Chocolate Strawberry Cream ($15.00)
Mom's Apple ($18.00)
Dutch Apple ($18.00)
Dutch Berry ($18.00)
German Chocolate ($18.00)
Strawberry Rhubarb  ($18.00)
Berry-whatever is in season ($18.00)
Pecan ($18.00)

Gluten-Free Options:
-Lemon Cream
-Chocolate Cream
-Chocolate Strawberry Cream
-Dutch Berry
If you need a pie, just let me know!
I'll have them ready on July 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment