Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Vegan Orange-Cranberry Bread

Sometimes I look around my kitchen and realize that I need to go shopping.
There's not much left.
But I don't have time and I really don't want go out again when I've just gotten home.
But there's nothing.
No chocolate chips.
No chips of any kind...
So I guess cookies are out, at least chocolate chip or any kind of chip are out of question.
So what am I going to make for the fence build?

Hunting through my kitchen,
I was thinking about sweet breads...
What, or what could I make?
Then, I saw the answer...CRANBERRIES!
Thank goodness I always keep dried fruits on hand.
Once I saw the cranberries, I knew exactly what to make..
Orange-Cranberry Bread.
Delicious!

If you're like me and keep a variety of fruit on hand,
then sweet breads are a easy solution to a baking dilemma.
And to make every tummy happy,
I make it vegan.

Vegan Orange-Cranberry Bread
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 egg equivalent with Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer
1 cup sugar
2 tbls vegan butter or shortening
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp orange extract
1/3 cup orange juice
1/2 cup oil

Orange Icing Ingredients:
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp orange extract
water to dissolve and make glaze

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Sift to combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2. Use a mixer to blend together the egg replacer, sugar, butter, vanilla, orange extract and orange juice in a medium bowl.
3. Pour wet ingredient into the dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
4. Add oil and mix well.
5. Pour batter into a well greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into center of the cake comes out clean.
7. Let the bread cool completely before adding the orange icing.
8.Let the icing set up before slicing.
Enjoy!
This recipe is a little slice of heaven on a cold Fall morning.
That's a promise. :)
Now enjoy a glimpse of joy and a tutu or two on a Keizer Fence Build for Fences For Fido.
Meet Diesel the Houdini, but a Houdini no more!
 Happy tummies and a happy unchained dog = Very happy Lori :)

No comments:

Post a Comment