Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Birthday Murph

Dear Murphy,
From the day I saw your picture, I knew that you had to be with me. I probably should of asked questions about your background your life, but you didn't ask about mine, so it didn't matter. You needed a home, I needed you. 
Driving to pick you up I was nervous. Would you like me? Would you want to be my friend? What kind of shelter was I going to anyway? We're you still sick?

Pulling up to the home-shelter, I knew that I was leaving with a dog. There was no way that my heart could walk away without one. Too many dogs with one sweet lady doing everything she could to help a struggling community deal with mistreatment. I still don't know how she did it all, but I'm eternally grateful because she saved my Murph.  She didn't have to pour all that money into your treatment, but she must have seen me, needing you.

knew that you had Parvo, recently well, but life had been traumatic for you already...You were so little, but it had been rough on your little paws. That was just fine with me, my life had been rough on me too. I figured that we could just travel this rough, crazy world together...A weird, scared, dysfunctional, silly, but awesome team. 

I might have picked you online, but you picked me on that day in that yard. In theory, I don't believe in "love at first sight," but in my life, well, you are the epitome of that. Love, pure and simple...and needy. :) but we both had a hole to fill. My heart had a big one, but your paws were the perfect filler. 

When life was rough and I struggled to go into the world, you were eager and determined to get me out in it. When I felt like sobbing, you just snuggled in and let me. But thankfully, you always found a way to get me out of my sadness. It must have been that goofy face. Or crazy antics. Or boundless energy. Or...it was just you.

It is said that everything happens for a reason. I'm not sure what all of the reasons are or if everything is really needed...But if I had to endure all of it to get a best friend like you Murph, then I'd do it again. You're it. And so worth it. 

So thank you Murphy for letting me be your human.  People may call you my dog, but we both know the truth. You're the healer of my heart and you made me sparkle again. 
Thanks buddy...I needed that.
Happy 4th Birthday! 
All my heart, 
Your Girl 

No comments:

Post a Comment