Saturday, February 8, 2014

Celebrating Joe

There always comes a time when kids are too busy...
thank goodness that my nephew isn't there yet.
He's busy, but still willing to hang out with his silly aunt.
One of the things that I love about January is that
I can plan a special birthday "Day of Fun" for Joe.
He a cool kid.
So what would help make this cool kid a cool birthday?
Hockey!!
(Yep, I went there.  It's cheesy, but I'm cheesy. It works)

Joe and I love Hockey.
Okay, we don't know much about the game really.
All we care about are the fights.
There's something really thrilling about chanting,
"Fight! Fight! Fight!"
with thousands of people...
And it's encouraged!
Bonus.
We like that...A LOT!
Thankfully, this game gave us plenty of times to chant 
for someone to punch the other out.
Not our usual chanting, 
but it's fun.
After the game, it over to my house...
and The Murph.
As soon as Murphy sees Joe,
I don't exist anymore...
He LOVES Joe.
And who wouldn't blame him?
He's a pretty awesome kid.
After a little slumber, we off early to breakfast at one of my favorite spots...Genie's
If you live in Portland and you don't head here often...well, you should.
It's delicious!
With our tummies full,
we head over to Pacific Pie Company for slices to go.
Joe has a busy day planning basketball, 
but no birthday can be complete in our family 
without a little birthday pie. Yum!
There are so many choices, 
but somehow, 
we managed to find a few treats for the afternoon.
So there it is, a complete birthday celebration.
Hockey, fights, delicious breakfast, and local pie...
Happy Birthday Joe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment