Thursday, February 6, 2014

Impact: Part Three

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; 
courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."

--Winston Churchill


Speak, but listen more. 
Remember that though kids listen to what we say,
our facial expressions with listening ears and hearts are valued more.

Impact: Part Three
People that my student admire...

Impact: Part Three

Luis (friend): Luis tells me to be strong in life.  He has taught me that you can go through times in your life that are rough and still stand back up.  Plus, he encourages me to stand up to people that are just “dream crushers”.


Uncle Robby: He means a lot to me because when I would go to family reunions I knew that he would be there and it was going to be fun.


Jake (step-brother): He showed me that it doesn’t take 50 years to become the manager of the Hawaiian Pepsi Company.  He has taught me humor, weirdness, and awesomeness.


Kyle (brother): I always get excited when he visits us on breaks.  He has always cheered me on and is still always fun to play with.


Nikki (cousin): Nikki calls me her twin sister and I feel the same.  She’s a volleyball coach and made me love to play too.


Uncle Caesar: He made everything better because he always acted wild and crazy, but also calm at the same time.  Also, my uncle always taught me to take risks.


Dad:  My dad means so much to me.  He’s the one who makes sure I have food on my plate, a warm bed to sleep in, and a roof over my head.  My dad always taught me to be respectful and do my best.

  

Dad: he pushes me to do stuff that I didn’t think that I could do.


Anthony (Older brother):  My mom met his dad when I was 2 and he was 3.  He shows me courage because he wasn’t supposed to get diabetes until 11 or 12 years old, but he got it and had to manage it at 7.


Ms. Moore (4th grade teacher):  She was the best teacher and we always had a good time together.  She gave me advice about things too.


My Dad:  My dad is my rock, the person I know can cheer me up when I’m down.  He taught me to see the brighter side of things and to not hang my head.  Without him I would be lost.


Aunt Carina: She means a lot to me.  She has 7 kids and is tough and strong.  She impacts me by reminding me that whatever happens to you, tough it out, fight through, and think the best of things.


My Dad:  My dad has taught me that family comes first and that nothing has to drag you down.


Ashlynne:  She means a lot to me because she was the only one who didn’t abandon me for my “mean” exterior.  She taught me to laugh more, to not care what people thought, and to be awesome.


Levi (Step-dad):  Whenever we’re going to the beach or camping, Levi always finds a way to make it way more fun.  For example, he will make baskets from long grass, or something.  He has impacted my life by always being able to make me laugh.

 

Grandpa Richard:  My grandpa to me meant that we were going to have a fun time.  He also taught me that anything is possible.


Sister:  She means everything to me…yeah, we fight, but without her I’d be clueless.  She taught me how to play soccer.  We would play in the backyard, and she’d teach me new tricks.  Someday I want to be just like her.


Mr. Camp:  If he was not teaching and there was a sub, I would be sad.  If it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t know how to read.


Mrs. Elliot (2nd grade teacher):  My teacher means challenges…for when I went to school she was always there giving me a new challenge.  She has impacted my life greatly!  She was the reason I now LOVE math and reading.  I succeed because of her.


No comments:

Post a Comment