Sunday, March 9, 2014

Do Something.

Anything.
Just do something to help someone else.
It sounds so simple, but people come up with excuses to avoid it.
And I get it.
The weekend is your time.  
Time that you get to do whatever you want, 
and relaxing is high on most of our lists.
But have you tried volunteering for something that you love?
You must love something...
a passion that would benefit others?
You know what my main passion is...

this is it.  
My heart and my life...
it's all about the love of dogs.
Especially dogs in need.
No matter how stressful my week is,
when I get to Saturday...I can feel myself relax.
It's rejuvenating to help others.
No really...it is.
Try it and you'll see.

This week it is all about Moose.
Moose is a young Border Collie living life outdoors at the end of a chain.
Near his home is a very, VERY busy highway, so running free for this dog is extremely dangerous.
Therefore, tied up is the life that Moose knows.




His human loves him, and Moose loves his person, but like so many people
his person doesn't have the means to provide him a safe place to play and run.  Moose's human is struggling...and well, fences are expensive.

But, that's where Fences for Fido can help.  
And this is the build that is being built because of this...
 and because of YOU!  Yes, YOU!!  
This fence is being funded by all of you who have supported my bake sales 
and have consumed mass amounts of sugar and love.
THANK YOU!!
So many people have helped with this build, including my students.
A small group of dog loving kids painted this house just for Moose.
How cute is this?!
Phase 1: Post Setting for Moose.
It was a very wet day, but that doesn't stop us.
Nope. Not us.
We have waterproof gear 
and we are always prepared to use it.
Due to the heavy rains, there was a river running through the property...which actually worked out well for preparing concrete and washing tools.
Reusable and sustainable.
Boom!

See, we're not scared of a little water or mud.
We're here for the dogs.
Nothing will stop the dedicated volunteers with Fences for Fido.
The river may run through this fence, 
but I was sinking in the mud...that's what's happening above.
Ah...now that's a group.
Thank you to all my beloved friends here and all around.
You have made my life so full 
and I'm so thankful for every minute.
Want to learn more about how you can help us?
There are so many ways!
Check out the website at www.fencesforfido.org
or on Facebook
Believe me, little things make a difference.
Just because you don't have a lot, 
doesn't mean that you can't do something.
All my love,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment