Monday, July 7, 2014

Audible Addiction

One of the things that became frustrating over the last few months,
was the lack of reading that I was able to do.
Life became too busy to sit and just read.
I would try to go to bed and read,
but as soon as my head hit the pillow,
I was out.
Sound asleep.
So my stack of books grew and grew...
No end in sight.
Now this was a problem for this book nerd...
A BIG problem.

But the solution was sooooo easy!
A subscription to Audible.com was all I needed.
The miracle of audiobooks saved this book nerd from 
missing out on all the books that I wanted to enjoy.
And boy, have I been listening to books! 
I listen as soon as I wake.
I listen in the car, while baking, cleaning, doing yard work, and even in the shower! 
I know...it's an addiction,
but a good one! ;)

Since school has been out,
I've listened/read over 20 books! 
Yikes! I did say that I was a book nerd right?
Not all of the books have been stellar.
Some that have been recommended to me have been ok.
And some were awful!
So here are a few of my favorite reads so far...
Just like my music tastes,
My book choices are just as eclectic.
I've listed them in order of my #1 read on down.

#1- The Unexpected Gem
The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared
#2- The Post-Apocalyptic Zombie Awesomeness
The Girl With All the Gifts 
#3- The "Grim Reapers Rule the World" Book
Croak Trilogy by Gina Damico
Young Adult Fiction
#1 Croak
#2 Scorch
#3 Rogue
#4- The Girlie Reads
-Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple
-What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
#5- The "It is so different from the movie" so I like it, book.
World War Z by Max Brooks

Over the next few days I'll be giving detailed recommendations for each of these book choices. So stay tuned for that! I have a feeling that there will be one, two, or three of these books that you'll fall in love with too.

Happy reading or listening!
Lori :)

No comments:

Post a Comment