Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Birthdays and not growing up

Birthdays have always felt funny to me, 
even as a little kid. 
You want the attention, but then, once all the focus is on you, 
you want to run and hide under a blanket. 
Anyone else know what I'm saying? 
Anyone? 
Now I know it may surprise you that I want to hide under a blanket. 
I tend to not be a shy one...and I'm not. 
But there's something about ALL those eyes on me that brings out shy Little Lori. 
She's there. Really. 
She's the one who cringes every time I do something ridiculous and self-deprecating. 
I think she's like Linus from Charlie Brown always carrying around a blanket. 
Of course her blanket is to hide under. 

It's taken me until now...no really, now, to not want to hide. 
I think it's called "maturity". 😉 
See I'm mature about some things.
So I'm embracing the celebrating because people like to celebrate each other. 
I sure do! 
If there's a birthday to celebrate, 
then I'm there and I'll wear a birthday hat and sing really loud. 
So, if I love to dish out the love to others on their birthday, 
then I need to be able to take all the love too.
And Little Lori secretly loves the attention too. 😉 
She's smiling and giggling a bit under that blanket. 
All in all, this is a very weird THANK YOU 
to everyone who has made me feels so special for my birthday. 
I'm soaking it all in and filling my love bucket up to the brim. 
Whoops! It's overflowing! I love that. 

But as Peter Pan said, "I won't grow up!"
Nope, I don't plan to any time soon. 
I'll wear the silly hat, sing loudly, dance like a crazy person, and belly laugh until I cry. 
Who's with me? 


No comments:

Post a Comment