Sunday, August 31, 2014

Back to School: Is Breakfast Ready?





Well, it's that time of year again.
School is starting again.
Don't get me wrong, if I have to work,
then teaching is exactly what I want to be doing.
It's a fantastic job.
I'm just so good at not working.
Ha!  I'm sure a lot of people have that talent too. ;)

But one of the things that I miss the most about summer is the slow relaxing mornings,
where I can actually sip coffee instead of scalding my mouth as I chug it down.
And eat my favorite meal of the day...Breakfast!

So many mornings by the time I reach for my coffee at work, it's cold.
Not in the "Yum!  Iced coffee, kind-of-cold."
It's the nasty cold coffee, that as you sip it it makes you die a little inside.
Yes.
I'm dramatic.
But I'm getting ready for middle schoolers,
they're dramatic too.

My breakfast during school is also just sad.
I love everything about breakfast,
so this year I'm going to make things ahead so that I can heat it up a school.
That way I can still take a couple minutes to enjoy my favorite meal.

Though the magical world of Pinterest,
I have collect 15 of my favorite ideas.
Throughout the year I plan on trying each and every one of these ideas.
I'm sure you'll see them on here with little changes and additions.
For most of these you can modify them to be vegetarian by adding grilled veggies...
well, at least that's what I plan to do.
I adore grilled peppers and onions!
Plus, they add a fabulous depth to your meals.
Now doesn't that make you smile?
Me too!

So take a look!
Check it out and see which of these breakfast ideas will make your morning a little brighter.

Make ahead breakfast ideas.

1. Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches- Jess Fuel

2. Breakfast Burrito- Mom on Timeout

3. Freezer Breakfast Bowls- J-Man and Millerbug

4. Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole- The Merlin Menu

5. Veggie Quiche Cups- My Kitchen is My Playground

6. Overnight Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal - Mom Endeavors

7. Loaded Breakfast Casserole- The Casual Craftlete

8. Sunburst Spring Vegetable Quiche- The Law Student's Wife

9. Baked Breakfast Casserole- Just a Pinch

10. Pumpkin Spice Smoothie- Lemon Tree Dwelling

11. Skinny Overnight Oats in a Jar- Skinnytaste

12.. Savory Zucchini Asiago Tomato Scones- Skinnytaste

13. Sausage Egg Casserole (Low Carb)- Spark People

14. Overnight Cranberry Coffee Cake- Better Homes and Garden

15. Tomato Zucchini Frittata- Skinnytaste


2 comments:

  1. Yum, I may show up at your house before school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast burritos are in the fridge. Heck, take some baklava while you're there! :)

    ReplyDelete