Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Squash Fries-Yum!

Squash, it's everywhere right now

and I seem to be the recipient of a lot of it.

That's just fine with me 

because I love the challenge of finding new ways to use it.

Especially, when I can create something crunchy and delicious.

Thanks to Mighty Delighty, 

I'm making squash fries.

This recipe isn't vegan, 

but could be adjusted to be so.


Look at how beautiful this is!

I love chopping into fresh produce.

Chop! Chop! Chop!

For these fries, I used a basic egg wash.

And since I didn't have fresh Parmesan cheese,

I used the grated cheese and mixed it with panko bread crumbs.

Yum.

I mean really, how could it be wrong!

Dip them in the wash, then the crumb mixture,

and lay them out on a lined cookie sheet.

It got a little messy,

but these little beauties are worth it.

These crispy, crunchy "fries" are delicious,

and guaranteed to make even a reluctant squash eater rethink their position on the veggie. 

I devoured these and didn't feel bad bout it at all.


For the recipe and complete directions go to

Mighty Delighty

http://mightydelighty.blogspot.com/2013/07/parmesan-crusted-yellow-summer-squash.html?m=1


Happy Eating,

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment