Monday, August 4, 2014

I love baking cups!


I love finding new cute baking items.
Surprise, surprise!
Okay, not surprising at all.
I've been eyeing these cups for awhile,
 but I found them to be a bit spendy for my fundraising. 
I like to keep expenses low so that I can donate more money.

My favorite baking cups were from Simply Baked
$6.95 for 20 baking cups.
http://www.simplybaked.us/product/baking-cups-large/
Not only are they designs simple,
but the cups were sturdy enough to handle my butter cake recipe 
and not have butter splotches leaking through.
And yes, that can be a problem.
My butter cake is light,
but it also has butter, so it can be greasy on the edges.
With a cake, I trim that off,
that's not an option for a cupcake.
So I always use thick cups.
Is $6.95 worth it?
Urg! 
Not really...
Until I found them at Home Goods for $2.95! 
Man, I love Home Goods.
What?! Over half off the original price,
and cute designs
Happy Girl Dancing!

So not only could my cupcakes taste amazing,
but they're even more adorable. :)
Check out these lemon-blueberry cupcakes...
No muffin tins needed, just place them on a cookie sheet.
You can really fit a lot in one batch this way...it's amazing!
Yummmmm!
Add vanilla buttercream and sugar crystals, 
and they are pretty perfect.
Don't you think?
So if you want cute baking cups, but are nervous about the price,
just check out your local Home Goods Store.
Maybe you'll be lucky like me and find them for a great price.
Happy Baking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment