Saturday, December 20, 2014

FIFTY

Yep...it's have a century kind of number.
Last weekend included two builds that bring my build number to 50...
50 Fences Built = 81 dogs that are Living Life Free.
Just as they were meant to be.
I like to kick, (chains away from dogs)
Stretch, (fence wire)
and kick it. (with my friends)

I seems unreal that I have been a part of this 
life-changing team of awesomeness for almost 2 years.
Even better that there are fifty fences that I have been a part of building.
I like to think that I leave a little Lori sparkle on each one. :)
It's a nice thought to this sparkly girl. 

Fences #49 and #50 
both included a nice long drive to Ocean Park, Washington.
But if I have to make the drive 
then I'm lucky to have awesome people to ride with...
it makes the time go a little faster...
especially if I can sing along to music or even better
CHRISTMAS CAROLS. HA!
 Oh course, we had to make a little stop on the way.  
And I have to strike a silly pose.
 Somehow, these people put up with my silliness 
and keep acting happy to see my goofy face.
But, we really do enjoy each other and have a great time together.
There aren't very many people that you can muck around in well...muck 
and still laugh, smile, and joke.
We do all of that.
Build #49: 
Snuggles, an older Husky who was too scared to have us near,
but who's life will be much, much better.
So we get to work to get this girl off a tight, rusty chain 
and into an open space with a dog house to keep her warm.




 We all know what jobs to do and set a record time for this fence.  
Finishing in just under two hours from start to finish.
It's all for you Snuggles.
 You are loved sweet girl and life will be better.
With the sign hung and pictures taken,
we are off to the 2nd build already in progress a couple miles away.

Build #50: 2 Husky Sisters who can't wait to play and play and play!
This build was already in progress, but we set to work right away helping to finish things up.  Unfortunately, by the time we got there, 
the pups owner had taken them for a car ride to get away from all of the work. 
Bummer!
But we set to work even without puppies around,
because we are professional volunteers and we get the job done. hehehe.
 I just adore these girls...
 ...and Jeff Hood...
 ...and my bro Jerry....I just LOVE THEM ALL!
Even you Tom! 
Though you made me look silly in the photo 
since I was doing the Tom pose 
and then you had to go and wave.  
Geesh! Oh well, I still love ya. 
Want to join in the fun, silliness, and love with an awesome group of people?
Come out and volunteer with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment