Saturday, December 27, 2014

Reflection.

 










As this year comes to an end,
I feel reflective...
it's something that most of us do this time of year.













At the heart of everything for me is heart.
It's how I try to live.
I let my heart guide my steps and
it's led me to a place I happy to be.

I've been on an interesting journey over the last couple years.
Maybe it's my age,
Maybe it's the awesome people that love me,
Maybe it's the contentment that comes with helping others,
Maybe it's all of the above. :)

It's easy to be happy
when you remember the feeling of being very unhappy.
Those bad feelings are so strong that it makes it hard to forget.
That's not a bad thing.
It's important to remember the bad
so that you can avoid getting to that point again.
"History repeats itself endlessly 
for those who are unwilling to learn from the past." -Leon Brown

I don't want to repeat the past,
I have spent enough time doing that
while working through the events,
so that I could learn.
And learn I did.

Actually,
I repeat so many of the good things...
I have a lot of things that could be repeated, endlessly.
For that, I am happy.

So, what are you focusing on?
Do you relive the past, hoping that it will change?
Or...
Do you live in the now?

My hope for you as we move into the new year,
is that you live for the day.
The future will be a combination of those days.
If your days are filled with good events, helping others, and learning,
what a great future that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment