Sunday, January 4, 2015

What's on TV anyway?

It's been quite a while since I've had cable.
Murphy too.
Years in fact.
This fact always sends my students for a loop.
They're shocked that I survived in the world without cable for so long.
It really wasn't that difficult.
I had high-speed cable and Netflix,
what more could I need?


Oh wait.
There's this channel called HGTV
and another one called The Food Network.



I could watch a marathon of Property Brothers,
Love it or List it,
and Chopped
any day and every day of the week.
Man, I totally forgot how awesome Chopped was
...that's a show that's not on Netflix.

One of the main problems with not having cable for so long,
is that I have literally NO IDEA what times or channel the shows are on.
No idea at all.
Now, sure.
I could look up each one and find out,
but who has time for that!
Thankfully there are people out there who do
and they have created plenty of show premier list to help me out.
To find out when my favorite shows are on and set my DVR accordingly,
I used two lists.
The first one is from a fabulous site, named and designed to distract, Distractify.
TV Show Premiere List 2015
The second site is one that I visit every day
                    ...It's really how I know that is happening in the world.
Sad, but true.
Buzzfeed.
There is a page for news and politics,
so it really does inform.
It's just fabulous and helps fill the section of my brain
dedicated to "useless" but useful information and "facts".
2015 TV Premiere Dates
So what will I be watching this season?
Well, I have set my DVR for these shows,
but if there is something that I'm really missing out on
please let me know.
I have a lot to catch up on!
Since the sun sets so early,
it's amazing how much time I have to binge watch shows.

Tonight- Sunday, January 4th
The Good Wife- 9pm CBS
Revenge- 10pm ABC

Monday, January 5th
2 Broke Girls- 8pm, CBS
State of Affairs- 10pm, NBC

Tuesday, January 6th
Pretty Little Liars- 8pm, ABC Family
MasterChef Junior- 8pm, FOX
New Girl 9pm, FOX

Wednesday, January 7th
Poperty Brothers, Season 7-9pm, HGTV
Top Chef: Boston- 10pm, Bravo
Wahlburgers- 10pm, A&E

Thursday, January 8th
The McCarthys- 9:30pm, CBS
Parenthood- 10pm, NBC
Portlandia- 10pm, IFC

Friday, January 9th
Hart of Dixie- 9pm, The CW

Saturday, January 10th
Nada



Sunday, January 11th
Shameless- 9pm, Showtime
Girls- 9pm, HBO
House of Lies- 10pm, Showtime

Geesh!  When I look at this list I look like I won't do anything ever again!
I'll be too busy watching TV.
Ha! Nah...don't start to worry.
I set my DVR so that I can watch them when I have time.
Usually it's a Sunday Marathon like it was today.

Who knew that January was when shows started?
Huh.
Probably everyone but me.
Oh well...see you all in the spring.
Just kidding...kind of.

2 comments:

  1. Now you know I'm gonna say Castle. Best show on network television. For so many reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I forgot about that show! See, this is why I need help! What channel and time?

      Delete