Sunday, March 15, 2015

My Grandma is older than Einstein's Theories

Last week my grandma had a birthday.
For most people, after they reach the big milestones birthdays,
birthdays blend together.
But if you're lucky to live long enough,
you get to hit NEW milestones, like 100.
And if you're SUPER lucky, you can hit a milestone birthday every year after a 100.
That is my grandma.
Last Wednesday my grandma turned 104.

Yep.
One hundred and four years old.
It's hard to comprehend, even for me!
Though she's always been older than the average grandma,
she's always seemed young to me.
When I look at all of the things that she's seen,
experiences, witnesses, or occurred during her lifetime,
it becomes clear how long of amazing her lifetime has been.
Of course, she's been alive through all of the World Wars and 1900's American History events,
that in itself is hard to imagine...
But here are a few more things that occurred during her life.


Things that my grandma is older than:
Albert Einstein's Theory of Gravity
           Seriously?!  She's older than the Theory of Gravity?!  It's shocking, but true.  
- Albert Einstein's General Theory of Relativity- (1915)
           Wow! I wonder what her science books?  I guess it would stop at Newton's theories...

- New York Public Library- (1911)

- Girl Scouts- they were founded in 1912

- Titanic- She was born the year before it sank.

- Fenway Park- April 20, 1912
        "The Red Sox defeated the New York Highlanders, later known as the Yankees"

- Wrigley Field- Opened April 23, 1914

- Mother's Day I thought that it was something that was around forever, well, I guess "forever" is really my grandma's lifetime.

- National Park Service (1916)- Founded- How in the world did they know where everything was without signs like this?

Happy 104th Birthday Grandma Mary!
Your life has been amazing and all the events in history prove it.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment