Monday, March 23, 2015

Podcast Obsession













As a Chambers,
we have obsessions.
It's a commonly known issue in the family.
We get hooked on something
and boom,
we're hooked.

I have plenty of obsessions,
and unlike some family members,
my obsessions are generally free or have a minimal cost.
I don't like to think that I'm cheap...
I'm frugal.
:)

Since I spend much of my time in the kitchen,
binge-watching programs is not feasible...
but listening,
that is my bread and butter.

I listen to everything that I can download...
Yes, I spend that much time in my kitchen,
and getting ready in the morning,
and driving in my car,
and outside....and...
I mentioned that this is an obsession, right?!


Lately, I've been listening to podcast after podcast.
Two of my favorite podcast right now are,
This American Life and Snap Judgement.
What makes them so appealing to me is that it is about life.
Real people, living their lives and some times struggling through...
just like me.

This American Life
A weekly program that looks at aspects of America life.  Last week focused on students from a public school visiting a private school, just 3 miles apart.  It was a fascinating look at privilege and the perception of judgement.  It's a must listen.

550: Three Miles
MAR 13, 2015
There’s a program that brings together kids from two schools. One school is public and in the country’s poorest congressional district. The other is private and costs $43,000/year. They are three miles apart. The hope is that kids connect, but some of the public school kids just can’t get over the divide. We hear what happens when you get to see the other side and it looks a lot better.






Snap Judgement
There are so many podcasts to download, that you will never be left without something interesting to listen to.  Here are a couple of my favorites...




No Perfect Love

'"No Perfect Love." People can't recognize true relationships anymore. So, on the next Snap... we get real. Snap Judgment, storytelling with a beat, from NPR and PRX."



Proof

"On an all-NEW Snap, we have to put up -- or shut up. Snap Judgment proudly presents "Proof."  Storytelling, with a BEAT."







Now what are you waiting for?!  
Get downloading and find something amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment